Our care is adaptedto your needs
Available at our
Laser class 4
Laser therapy is a red laser (similar to infrared) that induces a therapeutic effect in the body known to help people suffering from acute and/or chronic pain. This therapy is a non-surgical, non-opioid alternative. Class IV lasers have been proven to stimulate tissue repair and growth.
Laser therapy is offered on Montreal’s South Shore at our Boucherville branch.
- During each pain-free treatment, laser energy increases circulation by drawing water, oxygen and nutrients to the injured area. This creates an optimal healing environment that reduces inflammation, swelling, muscle spasm, soreness and pain.
- As treatments progress, the injured area returns to normal, function is restored and pain is reduced.
- During laser therapy, infrared light interacts with tissues at the cellular level so that metabolic activity increases in the cell improving nutrient transport across the cell membrane.
- This triggers the increased production of cellular energy (ATP), leading to a cascade of beneficial effects that enhance cellular function and health.
- Pain reduction
- Improved tissue healing
- Increases blood circulation
- Stimulates tissue repair and growth
- Reduces inflammation
- Accelerates the healing process
Our experienced chiropractors will carry out a complete assessment of your condition and analyze your specialized imaging results (MRI, X-ray, musculoskeletal ultrasound, CT-scan, etc.). If necessary, a digital X-ray will be prescribed to eliminate any contraindications and optimize the specificity of the treatment.
The treatment lasts a few minutes (around 8 minutes) and the intensity of treatment is adjustable according to the patient’s tolerance. In general, 4 to 6 treatments are required.
During the treatment period, the continuation of daily activities is essential in order to influence tissue healing in the right direction of movement.
- Carpal tunnel
- Neck pain
- Lower back pain
- Rib pain
- Ligament sprains
- Muscle sprains
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Patellar chondromalacia
- Plantar fasciitis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Trigger points
- Shoulder and knee pain
- Post-traumatic injury
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Sports injuries
Is the treatment painful?
There is little or no sensation during treatment. Occasionally, the patient may feel a soothing warmth or a slight tingling sensation. Highly inflamed areas may be slightly sensitive, but the intensity of the treatment is adjustable during the session.
How many treatments will I need?
This depends on the nature of the pain. The effect of the treatment is cumulative, so in general for an acute condition 4 to 6 treatments will be needed. A chronic condition may require 6 to 12 treatments. Chronic inflammatory conditions, such as advanced arthritis, may require ongoing periodic care to control pain.
How often should I receive laser treatments?
It’s best to start the treatment sequence with 2-3 laser treatments for the 1st week, then decrease the frequency as improvement sets in.
How long does it take to feel an improvement following treatment?
Most people experience an immediate reduction in pain after the 1st treatment. However, as the effect is cumulative, some people only feel the beneficial effects after a few sessions.
Initial assessment, file opening , diagnosis: $ 95 (student price: $75)
Laser clss 4 treatment : $ 65/treated area
Method of payment
- Credit card (Visa and Master Card)
* Receipts for insurance and for tax purposes will be given.
The Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec does not cover chiropractic care. However, most insurance companies reimburse a portion of these costs. Check your policy for details on your coverage of chiropractic care. In the case of victims of workplace and motor vehicle accidents, our services are covered, in part, by the the CSST and SAAQ. A medical reference is required only for these cases.