Our care is adaptedto your needs
What is a Registered Dietitian?
A Registered Dietitian is a health professional that will coach and motivate you towards achieving a healthy lifestyle to help you feel great and attain your long-term goals. Registered Dietitians take complex medical and nutrition research and make it easier for you to make daily food choices and plan healthy meals. They can show you how to easily incorporate healthy and delish recipes into your daily life. Registered Dietitians are your trusted experts in nutrition.
Why would I need to see a dietitian?
Whether you are trying to manage a medical condition with a special diet, control your weight, or interpret nutrition facts on food labels, a Registered Dietitian can help.
Contact a dietitian if:
- You need help with:
- Weight loss, weight maintenance or a gain of muscle mass
- Prevention or management of chronic diseases like diabetes, anemia, heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, hypertriglyceridemia, inflammation, cancer, osteoporosis and kidney disease.
- Gastrointestinal problems (crohns, Irritable bowel syndrome)
- Adequately following a vegetarian or vegan diet
- Food allergies
- Making the right food choices to get enough vitamins and minerals
- You’re an elderly that needs help with:
- Menu planning
- Healthy and balanced eating on the go or on vacation
- You’re an athlete and need help with:
- Improving your performance
- Meal plan for preparation for a competition (marathon, half-marathon, Spartan race…)
- Sports nutrition
- You’re pregnant and need help with:
- Prevention or controlling gestational diabetes
- Having a healthy pregnancy and adequately controlling your weight
- You’re a parent and need help with:
- Adequately introducing food to your toddler
- Meal planning for the family and sports activities
Consulting a Registered Dietitian guarantees that you will get accurate and appropriate information from a professional who is accountable for his or her knowledge and expertise.
Nutritional evaluation (90 minutes): $150
Nutritional consultation (60 minutes): $100
Nutritional consultation (30 minutes): $65
Method of payment
- Credit card
* Receipts for insurance and for tax purposes will be given.
The Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec does not cover nutrition care. However, most insurance companies reimburse a portion of these costs. Check your policy for details on your coverage of nutrition care.