Our care is adaptedto your needs
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is the treatment modality of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) most widely used, recognized and taught in the Western world.
The other four branches of TCM are massage techniques called Tuina, chinese herbal medicine, diet and lifestyle changes, and exercise often in the form of Qi Gong or Tai chi.
It presupposes the existence of a vital energy, or “Qi” (pronounced “chi”), that is essential to life and that flows throughout the body. This energy is transported by a system of channels called meridians. These meridians represent a large network of superficial and deep pathways that enable a connection between the inner and outer aspects of our bodies.
The selection and method of stimulation of these points are determined by the acupuncturist and based on Traditional Chinese Medicine energy and pattern diagnosis. By selecting a combination of points, the treatment will have an effect on one or more bodily organs, areas or functions, and therefore act on a set of varied symptoms related to the initial cause of the imbalance.
Our multidisciplinary clinic offers care with a qualified acupuncturist directly in Downtown’s Montreal !
The therapeutic effect of acupuncture is quite extensive. It may be used as preventive, alternative and complimentary care accordingly.
Acupuncture can have an impact on the following systems or conditions:
- Digestive (diarrhea, constipation, bloating)
- Respiratory (asthma, allergies, colds, sinus and other infections)
- Circulatory (numbness, swelling, oedema)
- Reproductive issues (painful menses, menopause)
- Locomotor ( certain types of paralysis, muscular dystrophy)
- Neurovegatative system ( anxiety, insomnia, fatigue, vertigo)
- Pain management (neck pain, sciatica, migraines, epicondylitis, sprains and many others)
Acupuncture can safely treat many symptoms without causing any side effects for mother or baby which offers a safer alternative to taking medications. The treatment also offers a well needed period of rest and relaxation for moms to be. Acupuncture may be beneficial throughout all stages of pregnancy, before, during and after labor. The acupuncturist will ask about general health, medical history and more pertinent information about the pregnancy such as follow up info from your doctor or midwife’s visits.
During the pregnancy, acupuncture may be useful for:
- alleviating nausea and vomiting
- treating constipation
- alleviation sciatic pain and discomfort
- preventing premature labor and contracting
- preventing low amniotic fluid (oligoamnios)
- modify position in breech presentation of foetus
To prepare for labour and delivery, acupuncture may be useful for:
- stimulating the onset of labour
- preparing the cervix and perineum for dilation
These treatments offer an intermediate between high quality facial creams and surgical lifting
- toning of the facial muscles
- smooth the epidermis
- diminish the appearance of wrinkles
- create a glowing complexion
It may be done for men and women of all ages to diminish the signs of aging and to offer healthier looking skin.
Esthetic acupuncture is a holistic treatment that improves the appearance and texture of your skin, allowing your face to regain its radiant complexion. By activating the circulation of Qi and Blood, Acu-lifting reduces the bags under the eyes, reduces drooping eyelids, reduces wrinkles and gives you a revitalized look.
Assessment and examination
The acupuncture practitioner will first ask you about your general health and your medical history.
If your visit is because of a specific health condition, they will ask about the symptoms of this condition and about any other treatment you have received for it.
After taking an appropriate medical history, the acupuncture practitioner will begin the insertion of the acupuncture needles. These needles are inserted into specific places on the body, which practitioners call acupuncture points. The acupuncturist may use other form of stimulation for points such as T.E.N.S. (electroacupuncture), moxa (or other heat source), cupping or Tuina.
Here is the place were you’ll find your acupuncturist in Downtown’s Montreal !
First visit: $90
Regular treatment: $90
Aesthetic treatment: $140
Methods of payment
- Credit card (Visa and Master Card)
* Receipts for insurance and for tax purposes will be given by your acupuncturist.
The Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec does not cover acupuncture care. However, most insurance companies reimburse a portion of these costs. Check your policy for details on your coverage of acupuncture care.